Tuesday, August 19, 2014

What's the Word, Hummingbird?...

I don't really have a particular post topic in mind today, so I'm going to update you guys on some of the stuff going on with yours truly!
/thumbs up  Awesome!

I'm still working on getting my car situation resolved. I'm supposed to be getting a check from my insurance company sometime this week...fortunately/unfortunately, this time of year is right around the time car manufacturers release next year's models. This could work out in my favor, some of the 'old' models will probably go on sale. On the flip side, if I buy a 'new' car, say either 2013 or 2014 model, then in a few weeks, it could potentially be a 'two-year old car.' You know...if you're looking at it as a 2013 and there's a 2015 sitting right next to it...it won't matter that my car would be just as new as the 2015, to the rest of the world it's already two years old. Personally, it wouldn't matter to me that much...but I'm pretty sure that it would become important if I ever had to re-sell the car. So, the car hunt continues...sort of...it will probably pick back up again in a few days after I have the funds to make car shopping sort of feasible.

My kiddo's school is having a fund raising function tonight! A local restaurant is donating a portion of all of their proceeds from 4pm-9pm today, so that's pretty cool. It's a little place that I've been wanting to try out for some time now, so that'll be fun. I'm thinking that I will probably run into some other parents while I'm there, so I should probably start warming up my risorius muscles! [Not sure where the risorius muscles are? Hint: I bet you use them everyday!]

Risorius is highlighted!



The risorius muscles are responsible for the 'fake smile.' You know, that one that can be found in millions and millions of selfies, yearbook photos, work-related meetings, and dysfunctional family gatherings!




Umm, what else...

Wow...I'm so used to having a million things going on, I feel like I must be missing something whenever I can't immediately think of a dozen things that require my attention...

A 'Bloater'...great. /cry
Haven't been gaming much lately [okay...not at all, actually...], but seeing as it's because I'm spending time with the kiddo and on getting stuff for work done, I don't view that as a negative at all. Plus, this big hunk of nasty is the next thing I have to face in The Last of Us...last time I played, I left Joel in an especially precarious situation...no Clicker-killing shanks, no stealth-killing arrows, and about 6 bullets...it's not gonna be pretty.

I'm still watching Fairy Tail...It's still pretty good. I am a bit bummed that I finished all of the episodes that Netflix had to offer. There's more seasons available on HuluPlus, but they've got all those darn commercials! I'm seriously considering canceling my Hulu account and starting on one Crunchyroll. I've been told that if you're a paid subscriber to Crunchyroll, that there aren't any ads...can anyone confirm/deny this? [Read: I'd  like to know but don't really want to look it up...]

Okay, guys...I think that just about brings most things up to present...I'll let you know how the fund raising thing goes!

Okaythanksbye!!

No comments:

Post a Comment