Monday, August 18, 2014

Go, Go Power Rangers! (Twerking? No...Sombreros? Si!)

Semi-breaking news in the world of movies! A few days ago it was announced that there is a Power Ranger movie in production, slated to be released in July 2016!


I heard about this while getting ready for work this morning. Definitely, definitely excited! 

I don't know any details about the film itself. Not sure which generation of Power Rangers it's supposed to have, though really, if it's anything other than the first two or so, it won't be worth seeing. I would love it if they went all the way back to the first generation of Power Rangers...the dinosaur-themed Zords were the best! And considering villains, things got progressively weirder once you added Lord Zed and his cronies to the mix. Just one more reason to keep the plot of the movie as close to the first generation as possible. If you wanted to be picky about it, the Green Ranger wouldn't even have to be included...but c'mon, everyone knows that the Green Ranger was awesome. Heck, even bring him in as the White Ranger! Even more awesome!

I'm not sure who's supposed to be directing this potential gem of 90's nostalgia, but I will go ahead and say this: "Michael Bay had better not come within a 5 million mile radius of the Power Ranger movie reboot!" And I mean that. 

Now, I will say that he did an epic job with the Transformer movie reboot...for the first three films. Two and a half, really....everything after that was, and will continue to be, complete and absolute rubbish. /glare Don't even get me started on the ridiculous TMNT reboot. At this point, I'm refusing to spend money to go and see that garbage...

Here's an idea! After 2016, if the MMPR movie isn't absolutely butchered by M. Bay (aka, the M. Night of the nerd/geek movie world), then we should have whomever directs the MMPR movie rescue the TMNT franchise! 
Good movies for everyone!
Please, please, please bring back the original zords! They were the best! And I want to buy them ALL!  
Saber-toothed Tiger, FTW!
Do not...I repeat, DO NOT, have the MMPR participate in any of today's newfangled ridiculousness. 
For the love of GOD, no twerking!
Though, I do think sombreros would be fun. Yes, to sombreros!
Mucho gusto!
I'm sure news on this movie will be trickling out for the next two years...so plenty more to come!


No comments:

Post a Comment