Monday, August 18, 2014

Awesome Comics!

Heya! Hope you guys had a good weekend...

My weekend was very enjoyable! Been spending some much needed time working on the education requirements for completing my Real Estate Appraisal Certification. It requires somewhere in the ballpark of 200 hours...that's a bunch. I've already got a good portion of them completed, so just have to finish them up!

The logo wall is made up
entirely of books!
Saturday evening, I went with a good friend of mine to 2nd and Charles. (I LOVE that place! I wanna set up a little fort made of out of books and live there!) They have tons upon tons of books, both new and used. They've got a massive selection of comics, graphic novels, and manga. They've got new and used movies, new and used cds, and new and used video games, too! They even have a decent-sized selection of vintage video games...I managed to find a good copy of Majora's Mask there once...but it was gone when I went back the next day to pick it up...major bummer. To round out their expansive collection of just about all things awesome, they've got a large selection of t-shirts, random novelties (magnets, keychains, collectible figurines, etc), and vinyl albums. If you have a 2nd and Charles near you and you haven't visited it...what are you waiting for?!? Go! Today! 

Hehehe sorry about the rambling, I get really excited talking about stuff that I love! 

But anyway, at 2nd and Charles yesterday, I found something really, really cool! 

/drool
This is a 001 edition of the Original Sin comic (these comics started coming out earlier this year, in April, I think). It's a variant cover edition with a limited release for the 2014 Comic-Con...and I own one! I know it likely won't have the same value as a 001 edition with whatever the standard release cover was, but I couldn't pass it up! Guys, it's a Comic-Con limited release!

/squee!



Here's another goodie that I picked up at 2nd and Charles: 001 edition of Rocket Raccoon. They also began coming out earlier this year. Variant cover art, limited to 5,000 issues, and only available to purchase at the 2014 Comic-Con. Again, I'm not counting on it being as valuable in the future as the original cover art edition...but it was still way too cool to pass up!



Okay, I've got to go take care of some stuff that actually requires peeling myself away a computer...Hasta!





No comments:

Post a Comment