Friday, January 30, 2015

Selected Snippets...

Hey, guys!

It's been a crazy week....we had so many orders come into the office, I had to work over the weekend and I've been working later than usual pretty much every day this week. Sounds like fun, doesn't it?

I would say that it's the overwhelming amount of work that prevents me from experiencing anything that's post-worthy...but I think that, by now, you guys have probably figured out that such a statement wouldn't be entirely true. [What can I say? I take my homebody habits seriously...]

As uneventful as my personal life is [at the moment], there are still a few things that I feel must be acknowledged...or at least thrown out into the paradoxical void that is the internet...

- I need to thank the amazing vocalists in Pentatonix. As a lowly free-time blogger, I'm pretty sure they'll never see this post...but you guys are awesome! Discovered your music a few months ago and have been fangirling ever since...

Listening to yall's music helped me get through this week's hellish amount of work...and it's even saved lives! [I'm not entirely positive that I would have been able to not kill some of the people I work with, if it weren't for your music]

But, seriously. All five of them are crazy talented! You've all won my respect and adoration...as a musician, I know what kind talent and dedication it must take for you guys to do what you do, as well as you do...I hope you guys keep making music...I know I'll keep listening to it!

- If you haven't seen it yet, I highly recommend the Paddington movie...


The movie is based on the Paddington Bear children's books [I don't remember reading any of them as a kid, but I do remember being vaguely aware of the storyline], and it is adorable!

I thought it was a really cute movie...it seemed to cover quite the span of emotions, definitely not typical for a children's movie. [To be fair...it doesn't take much at all for me to cry over a movie...] The story contains some pretty heavy plot points [death of a family member, confusion of moving to a foreign country, the heartbreaking realization of being unwanted, etc], but manages to keep the overall feel lighthearted enough to keep the movie from needing to come with a self-harm warning.

Overall, it was a lovely movie. I asked the kiddo if he enjoyed the movie and he said he'd give it '100 thumbs-ups'....soooo, I think he might have liked it.

- My DVR is a jerk.

Again, my DVR has betrayed me...it decided not to record this week's episodes of Supernatural and Arrow...a travesty that I only discovered when I finally found myself with enough free time to watch this week's episode of Supernatural.

So much disappointment, DVR...so much disappointment...

Thankfully, I'm caught up to the point of being able to visit CW's website to watch any episodes that I miss...

I'll get caught up with them over the weeke....

Wait...

We just got flooded with about two dozen orders for appraisals...and I wish I were exaggerating.

Looks like I'm going to have to work this weekend, too...

/sobs uncontrollably

Aww, now, see what you've done? Who on Earth
is evil enough to make Dean cry?!?


No comments:

Post a Comment