Monday, January 26, 2015

Love Netflix, Loathe Mean People...

For anyone who might be confused on the issue...

Trivializing someone else's concerns/frustrations is not helpful. Not at all.

In fact, it's quite the opposite.

By doing so, you'll very likely find yourself added to that person's already bothersome list of frustrations.

You'd think that society would have evolved enough to have such fundamental social niceties hardwired to the point of being a default response...but it's not. Far from it.

Am I referring to a particular experience? Yep.
Am I blowing it out of proportion? Probably.
Is the inevitable realization that I am likely overreacting something that I plan to acknowledge? /sigh...do I have to?

Ugh.

You know...there's a definite downside to constant self-reflection...

9/10, I reach the point of realizing the faults in my behavior...and 9/10 I feel obligated to adjust it...and then 9/10 I end up feeling guilty over the way I handled my reaction to the situation...[note that at no point is an apology from the other party mentioned...nope...]

/siiiiiigh. Okay. I'm resigning myself to about 45 seconds worth of self-contained seething...

/seethe /seethe /seethe /seethe

Alright...so that's that...

I really miss my Netflix. Way more than I should probably miss a streaming video service. Netflix trumps interactions with terrible people every time.

In other news...

I am about 5 episodes from being caught up with Arrow....

I don't think I could put into words how much I love this show! It really is that good! [If you haven't been watching the show...you should start catching up on it now so that you don't end up 10 seasons behind like I did with Supernatural...]

This chick...she's
amazing...
And I adore Felicity Smoak...can we just talk about how amazing her character is? Yeah, there are other strong female characters, but Felicity is my favorite, by far...

She's brilliant, witty, and awkward...and yet she's also confident in her abilities and she stands up for her beliefs, no matter who the naysayer is...

She's quirky and adorable and she definitely holds her own in the midst of a cast of characters that should be overwhelming...pretty sure that Felicity Smoak is my spirit animal /grin...



Been there, too.../ouch lol

No comments:

Post a Comment