Tuesday, January 6, 2015

A Collector's Dilemma...

Evidently, I need to be banned from eBay... for the sake of my bank account!

A few months ago, I found these Supernatural Pop! figures by Funko at 2nd and Charles...

Love these!
Of course, I bought them both at the same time [how could I pick one and leave the other behind?!?]...and I noticed that there's a tiny Castiel that completes the trio [there's a picture of him on both boxes]. I looked, but wasn't able to find a Cas at 2nd and Charles that day. Little did I know that tiny Cas would be such a difficult one to find!

Turns out, Castiel was a special edition that had a limited release with Hot Topic [naturally, I didn't know this until the year after it was available is stores]. So, now I'm not just looking for a figure that's over a year old...I'm looking for a special edition, limited release figure that's over a year old!

Honestly, it was pretty easy to find one. A quick search on either eBay or Amazon will show you several sites that you can visit to buy one.
What I didn't expect, though, was to learn that there are actually several more figures that must be purchased if I'm going to have a truly complete collection...

Turns out, there were two editions of Castiel released for Hot Topic...one with wings and one without.

Wait! There's more!

Hot Topic also carried a special edition, limited release Charlie figure. And now, there are carrying two Crowley figures [one with normal eyes and one with red eyes].

I've also learned that there are special editions of both Sam and Dean that features blood splattered faces. And there are special editions of both Sam and Dean that feature blood splattered faces and metallic paint jobs for their clothes. [Did I mention that all four of these figures appear to have been released for conventions. And from what I'm gathering, those conventions were in Australia!]

Sooooo, yeah...

What I thought would be a venture to find a singular Castiel figure [and only cost me around $15] is very quickly adding up to a costly endeavor...

Here's the dilemma: do I simply not pursue completing my collection? Or should I spend [more] time and money than originally expected to make said collection complete?

/sigh

I'm starting to think that these Funko things should come standard with a warning label!

No comments:

Post a Comment