Monday, December 22, 2014

Shipping Misadventures...

Hey guys!

I hope you had a good weekend...maybe you were lucky enough to avoid the insanity that comes with waiting until the weekend before Christmas to attempt Christmas shopping...

When you find out that Target only
has one talking Baymax left...
I got caught up in a little bit of that craziness...I volunteered to take care of some of my parent's last-minute shopping, but I had no idea that I would be out shopping until 11 pm!

Thankfully, I managed to get just about all the shopping finished up. [Anything else pops us, someone else is going to have to take care of it!]

Remember me mentioning a ThinkGeek shipping mishap last week? ThinkGeek sent a replacement for the item that was damaged during delivery, did not require me to send in said damaged item, and they shipped the replacement via 'next day shipping' for free! I'd gotten an email from UPS saying that my package would be delayed thanks to a delayed cargo flight...and I received my package today, in time for Christmas! I'm definitely impressed with the way they handled replacing my item...I'll continue to shop with them, for sure!

If only all of my online Christmas shopping transactions went as smoothly...

Before I placed my order with ThinkGeek, I'd ordered several items from Amazon...I selected the shipping option that would have my order delivered in 5-7 business days, plenty of time to have everything I ordered for Christmas/birthday gifts.

Two days before I was supposed to receive my order from Amazon, I got an email saying that one of the items would be delayed. I finally received the item today. Much, much later than the shipping option I'd purchased.

In my opinion, Amazon was far less accommodating than ThinkGeek. But /shrug...I know I can't really complain, I did receive the items that I ordered [and, more than that, I was able to order gifts in the first place...].

/Sigh

Well, I've got tons of work to get through...still working towards not having to work on Christmas. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment