Tuesday, December 30, 2014

"Rememberlutions" Jar Rather Than Resolutions...

And so it begins...

With 2015 looming just around the corner, people have begun asking about New Year's resolutions. 

Now, there's an exercise in futility if I've ever seen one. Does anyone actually keep their resolutions? [I mean, I'd really love it if I could look back and say that a NYR has changed my life for the better...but...yeah, that certainly hasn't been the case]

Instead, I think I'm going to go with an awesome idea that I found on BuzzFeed. 

This year, I am going to make a "rememberlutions" jar. [Though, I'll probably change what I call it...I don't much care for 'rememberlutions']


Essentially, it's a jar that you use to keep things to remember. Throughout the year, you write down fun/happy/lovely things [or whatever you might deem jar-worthy] and then you get them all out on next New Year's Eve. I think it will be a very good reminder of the good things and blessings from the year, things that are far too often forgotten as time goes on...especially if you're like me and prone to emotional highs and lows...after a bout of the lows, it's very easy for me to lose track of the highs.


Above is the link to the article. Click to find instructions and examples on how to make a jar of your own.

What about you? Do you think you might make your own 2015 jar? 

No comments:

Post a Comment