Thursday, December 18, 2014

I'm A Panda!!

Semi-exciting stuff:

My order from ThinkGeek finally arrived!

I ordered part of my brother's birthday gift and a Christmas gift to myself from their site about a week ago...I'm super glad that it's made it here on time. [Last year, my brother's gifts were late...]

Ordinarily, I love everything that I order from ThinkGeek. This time? Not so much.

The pajamas that I ordered for myself are great! They're pretty much exactly as described and, as of right now, I plan on keeping them. My brother's gift is the problem...I received it damaged.

I've never had to return anything that I've ordered from them, so I'm hoping that their return/replacement process is an easy one. I opted to 'chat' with a representative through the portal on their website...I sincerely hope that it's going to be worth the almost 1 hour wait to talk to someone.

*Update* I just got finished chatting with ThinkGeek...when I mentioned that I'd received a damaged item, they offered to give me a refund or send me a replacement, with express shipping, at no cost! And I received an email with the information for the replacement item's order...with their 'express shipping' options, their website says I should receive the item within 1 business day plus processing time...maybe his gift will get here in time after all!

For myself, I ordered a set of panda kigurumi! [Kigurumi are the Japanese-style fleece onesie pajamas...typically they're animal or cartoon character designs.]

A few hours into kigurumi ownership and I already love them more than I thought I could ever love a set of oversized jumpsuit pajamas....[hey, if loving pajamas is wrong, I don't wanna be right...]

I wish I had given more thought to my kigurumi selection though [it was an impulse buy]...I probably should have picked a design with far less white on it. Also, the placement of the tail is a bit unfortunate. It requires some tail-maneuvering before I sit down, or else it ends up being quite an uncomfortable experience. I'm also concerned that the tail might get damaged or even come off...sitting on it at the required odd angles can't be good for the stitching...

That being said, it would only make sense to order another set in a different design, wouldn't it? [Orrrrr...maybe I'm just looking for a reason to order more!]
Here's a link to a store that has far more kigurumi options than ThinkGeek...check them out!

http://kigurumi-shop.com/


No comments:

Post a Comment