Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Who Wants A Kitten?

Know what sucks?

Really, really, really, wanting to get a pet and not being able to.

The kiddo and I fell in love with the idea of getting a kitten while I was helping one of my cousins pick out a cat for herself. The problem?

I'm allergic to cats. I hate being allergic to cats!

I've done some research, so I know that there are a few breeds of cats that are 'less' allergenic. But I also know that there is no such thing as an absolutely hypoallergenic cat...even within those few breeds, there's no guarantee that you won't have an allergic reaction to a particular cat.

Unfortunately, the breeds that are known for being less-allergenic are quite expensive...sooooo, I couldn't afford one even if I could find one. [Maybe I'm just not looking in the right places, but I had an incredibly hard time finding Russian Blue and Siberian cat breeders...]

So, if you'd like to adopt a cat and you live near the Birmingham area, please give these two kittens some consideration! I'd love to give them a home, but my nose won't let me :( [I apologize if the formatting gets a little wonky...I'm adding the cat's descriptions from their sites and sometimes other site's formatting doesn't like Blogger very much...]

Whisper
Friends of Rescue - Whisper

A walking miracle, Whisper defied odds by winning the battle against an illness that claimed the life of her sister. This determined young girl has an incredibly strong spirit, and her voice is as soft as a breeze. Whisper enjoys each day to the fullest – playing and playing, and then playing some more! Her striking blue eyes and gorgeous coat are captivating, but her personality is what endears her to all she meets – Whisper has an amazing zest for life! Happy. Spunky. Loving. There is no mistake that Whisper is grateful for her second chance, and she makes the most of every moment.
Whisper loves children, and gets along great with other cats and dogs. At 4 months old, she’s the perfect age to adapt to any new home environment, and has already completed all her vetting. Whisper is being fostered in Huntsville, and is ready for her FORever Home. Please email us at info@FORrescue.net to learn more about Whisper, or to request an application to adopt this very special girl!

Ziva
My name is Ziva, I am a beautiful solid black little girl who really needs a home! Sometimes I can be a little timid (I'm so little who can blame me?!) but I always enjoy playing with my brother and sisters. Once I feel safe I love being held and I have such a loud purrr that I know you will love! I hope you will come and meet me, but remember to give me a chance to feel safe, I have had a hard little life. I would love to be a part of your family, I have an awful lot of love to give!

No comments:

Post a Comment