Friday, November 7, 2014

I Just Don't Understand...

I'm going to go ahead and apologize for any formatting weirdness in this post. I'm posting from my phone, and sometimes the app doesn't work quite as well as I'd like.

Normally, I'd wait until I got home before typing up a post, but this one can't wait. 

Have you ever read something that you wish you hadn't? 

I was uploading part of an appraisal report earlier today when I stumbled across a headline that caught my attention. Now, this is pretty commonplace for me, I tend to read up on news and random articles when I'm waiting on files to load...but this particular article...this article wasn't like anything I've read before. 

I'm not going to post the link. The article is that terrible. If anyone would like the link, add a comment or email/message me and I can get you the link...but truthfully, you probably won't want it. 

What could possibly be so terrible?

I don't consider myself to be squeamish when it comes to news. But this news story...guys...I cried. And not just a rogue tear or two...I'm talking full-on snot running, Kim Kardashiaan ugly cried.

Guys...earlier this week, in Pennsylvania, a 3 year old boy was beaten to death, torture-style, by his mother and her new boyfriend of less than a month. Yeah...let that sink in...

A 3 year old, a toddler, was tortured via beatings...by his own mother, until he died

The article says that the beatings spanned over three days. During those days, when his mother wasn't literally beating the life out of this child, the adults went out and bought pizza. The boy lost consciousness and then they decided to go get food...they bought pizza, brought it home, ate, screwed around before taking a nap. After napping, the mother discovered the little boy wasn't breathing and then had someone call 911. What. The. Hell. 

Investigators say that at some point, the little boy was hanged upside-down and beaten with a frying pan while the adults laughed. They laughed.
The Mother - Jillian Tait

Geez, I feel sick even as I am typing this post...this disturbs me, hurts me to the point of literal physical pain...How can this happen? How can we be living in a world where people are committing such depravities??!?

The poor boy eventually died and I can only imagine that the last thing he saw was his mother laughing as she crushed the life out of this innocent little boy. How that boy must have felt...even after trying, I can't find the words to accurately describe how that poor boy must have felt...

Oh, but there's more...

The 3 year old wasn't the only victim. His 6 year old brother was made to beat his little brother and investigators say that the 6 year old exhibits signs of being abused.
The Boyfriend -
Gary Lee Fellenbaum

There was also an 11 month old girl...she's the daughter of the mother's boyfriend. The article says there's no evidence that the girl was harmed. I can't help but wonder...why just the boys? Is it because the boyfriend has some sort of mental issue? How could there have not been any red flags? How could the mother not have eventually figured out that the new boyfriend was severely disturbed and how could she have let such tragedy befall her children!?!

To make matters worse, as if it were necessary, there was another adult that lived in the household...the boyfriend's estranged wife. Investigators don't say that this woman contributed to the beatings, but they say that she didn't do anything to stop them either. The estranged wife was the one who eventually called 911, but not until the 3 year old had been unresponsive for hours...

I prayed. Hard. And I will continue to pray for these kids...that the two surviving children learn that there is more than evil and pain in this world. I pray that God heal these children's wounds, especially the ones that aren't physical wounds...I pray that God comfort the poor little boy who has been put through the most unthinkable of suffering before his life was cut too short...I pray that something comes out of this tragedy, that it's part of the divine plan, that these kid's suffering isn't in vain...

I...I just don't understand. I cant understand...



No comments:

Post a Comment