Wednesday, November 12, 2014

More Awesome Anime!

Hey guys...

I know it's been a few days since my last post...there's been quite a bit of personal/family/moody stuff going on, so...yeah, I hadn't even thought of posting, my apologies..

To make it up to you guys, I'm going to introduce you to two amazing anime series!

The Devil is a Part-Timer
First up is "The Devil is a Part-Timer." This is a series that my brother recommended to me a few weeks back...his exact words were, "you need to watch it. It's hilarious!"

Quite a sales pitch, if you ask me! Hilarity and anime? What more could you ask for?

My brother was spot-on with this one!

As you've probably noticed, I'm not very good at describing anime...but I'll give it a shot!

This anime follows a...umm...interesting cast of characters, to say the least...the main characters are Sadao Maou/Satan and Emi Yusa/Emilia Justina. Emilia is the hero whose life mission is to defeat and destroy Satan, no matter what. The plot twist? Just as Satan is poised to take over the world, he travels through a dimensional gate and finds himself in modern-day Tokyo. How does a now magic-less/powerless evil demon overlord survive and function in Tokyo? That, folks, is the premise of the show!


It's funny, charming, and witty enough to make you want to binge-watch the series [which you can do! Thanks, Netflix!]. To make up for my lack of descriptive writing skills, above is a short trailer for the show...

Ouran High School Host Club

Up next is Ouran High School Host Club!

Don't worry, the show itself isn't as nauseatingly tacky as the picture...ok, maybe it is, but don't let it deter you...you'd miss out on a great series!

The show follows a ragtag group of wealthy high school boys. The boys that make up the Host Club are all very different from each other...and yet, they all seem to complement each other...again, it's hard to explain...

I ran across this title while I was trying to find another series similar to Devil is a Part-Timer...I was very skeptical of it, it looked super-cheesy...but I decided to give it a shot on Netflix and was hooked by the second episode!


I wasn't able to find a trailer for the show, so the video is the first episode...or that's what the YouTube description said, I don't have the time to watch the entire thing at the moment...

There you have it! Two more anime series that have my own personal stamp of approval!

Enjoy! ^_^


No comments:

Post a Comment