Sunday, November 2, 2014

Sunday Evening and 'Gone Girl' Thoughts...

Hey, hey...

Well, the Grandmother's birthday shindig went...well...it went.

And I'm going to go ahead and make it official...I'm in love with my grey and white plaid shirt. Love it. I think I'm going to have to go and pick up a couple more of the buggers.

I got a few things accomplished today.

The kiddo and I went grocery shopping [hey, it may sound like a silly thing...but grocery shopping can be such a drag!].

Love this minion!
After that, I got some cleaning stuff done...sometimes, trying to keep our apartment clean feels like an exercise in futility, but I can't deny that I feel much better if it's been tidied up.

Oh!

Yesterday, I saw the movie Gone Girl...

The movie was pretty good considering I already knew what to expect [I'm going to start reading books after watching the movie...seems like there would be less disappointment that way...]. Some of the big "holy crap" moments in the book are captured excellently in the movie...and some of them are more or less glossed over. I know that this ends up being necessary for movie production, but it just leaves so much to be desired! Yes, yes, of course the book is better than the movie...the book is always better than the movie [it's practically a scientific law]. But, I would still recommend the movie to both those who have and haven't read the book...it's that good of a story!
NPH excellently captures the blend of
charm and malevolence that is Desi

Plus, Neil Patrick Harris is absolutely brilliant in the role of Desi. Brilliant!! Then again, he's pretty much amazing in any role he plays...so yeah, definitely no complaints in the NPH/Desi department.

Just...../sigh....no.





I'm still far less than thrilled about the casting choice for Andie. They
cast Emily Ratajkowski...and I'm not really sure how she fits the role at all...aside from the description that Andie has big breasts. [Seriously. In the book, Andie is described as being authentically Irish...sooooo, yeah.]

Don't get me wrong, I thought she looked fabulous in the Blurred Lines music video, but does that really give her enough 'acting' cred to land roles in movies? /shrug Maybe it does and I'm just getting old and cranky...

Contrary to the book, Andie gets very little mention in the movie...which [to my relief] translates to little screen time for Ratajkowski. She did...alright, I suppose. But I really think she's had too much done to her lips already [she's only 23 for crying out loud!], so much so that they were distracting. But aside from that.... /shrug I guess it could have been worse.

It was a pretty a good movie. If you've got a few hours to kill and about $40 to burn, maybe go see it. Oooooor, take the money and go buy the book!

The book is always better. Always.


No comments:

Post a Comment