Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Political Soapbox Post...Well, Sort Of...

Yeah, I still love my plaid shirt...
So, yesterday was a rather important day...politically speaking, anyway...

Yesterday was the long awaited Mid-Term Election Day. I sincerely hope that every one that is able to vote went out and did so. I did! And I got the "I Voted" sticker to prove it! Everybody loves these little stickers, right?

Whatever your political affiliation might be, the outcome of these elections is irrefutable - our country now has a senate that is republican/conservative by majority.

Some people are upset about this and some people are ecstatic and relieved...whether this shift in political power plays towards improving our country or furthering its downward spiral...well, that's something that we'll have to wait and see.

As with every political election, there's the sideshow of rabid supports from both sides of the aisle slinging mud and stupid insults at any person or entity that has the 'audacity' to have an opinion that differs from their opinion. From my observations, a large portion of these shenanigans are mean-spirited, grade school 'political tactics' that are more based on ignorance and stubbornness than any fragment of actual fact.

Just my thoughts, but anyone that has to stoop to name calling to defend their view points probably shouldn't be in positions that hold any sort of political influence.

Jehmu Greene
One such unfortunate individual caught my attention this morning. I was listening to a local talk radio station during my drive to work and the show's host replayed a bit of audio from last night's broadcast. In the audio clip, a guest commentator was being interviewed for her thoughts on the resoundingly conservative results of the mid-term election. This person was Jehmu Greene, a staunch supporter of the democratic party who has been in and out of the media for the last 5 years or so.

Greene's outright hate for conservatives was glaringly obvious from the instant she started speaking. Greene was very quick to assert that conservatives, specifically the Tea Party, are responsible for the majority of the negative effects being felt throughout our country today. She continued to insist that the democratic party, including President Obama, have no liability for the condition of today's America. I wasn't able to find a transcript of this portion of the radio show, but her argument was something to the effect of the democrats not being liable because they've been handed impossible circumstances. The impossible circumstances? Republicans. She likened the republican party to her 3-year old nephew, going so far as to say that her nephew was actually easier to work with.

This isn't the first time that Greene has been publicly ridiculous. As a guest on the Hannity show, Greene attempted to use humor to thinly veil her hatred for the republican party by telling a joke whose punchline involved drowning Texas senator Ted Cruz and House majority leader John Boehner. Classy. Super classy. Links to information about the gaffe.

NewsBusters - Randy Hall's Blog - October 16, 2013

Carlson (Left) - the Bow-Tying White Boy
Greene - I Was Speaking the 'Stone-Cold Truth' With That 'Joke' about Drowning Republicans

Want more evidence that this sort of behavior is commonplace for Greene?

Greene Calls Tucker Carlson a 'Bow-Tying White Boy' on America Live

Yep. More name-calling, this time with some racist flair.

I looked up Carlson, and evidently he does try and rock a bow-tie on more than on occasion and it does look sort of goofy...but his preference for whimsical neckties doesn't belong in politics and neither does the color of his skin [just the same as the color of Greene's skin should be irrelevant, am I right?].

My point in writing this soapbox-ish post?

People like Greene are having an influence in politics and it's ridiculous. Rabid, poo-flinging supporters are blindly and savagely supporting both parties and it's ridiculous and it should be stopped.

How and by whom? That I don't know...but then again, I'm not in politics and I don't get paid to know these things and to spew my opinions everywhere...

But if anyone knows how to get paid to spew opinions, please let me know! I'd love to have a career that involves getting paid just to say what I think without having to do any research!!


No comments:

Post a Comment