Sunday, November 30, 2014

Crazy Game...

Good Sunday morning to you...

Cooper making an epic catch!
For those who might be curious, Alabama won the game last night! Roll Tide!

It was definitely a nail biter of a game...Bama started off on top, Auburn made a comeback and went to halftime in the lead...the beginning of the 3rd quarter looked pretty grim, but then I think Bama must have woken up and remembered that they were playing in the Iron Bowl and they finally started making big plays. The later part of the 3rd quarter and the majority of the 4th quarter belonged to Bama [for some reason, Bama's always been a bit of a 4th quarter team...that's why you'll see Bama fans holding up four fingers at the beginning of the 4th quarter and, if you're in the stadium, you'll hear our band play "Basket Case"...'cause they turn us into basket cases during the first 3 quarters of the game!!]

So, yep! I think this year's game was a proper response to last year's loss and all the obnoxious "Hey, Bama! Can I get a second?" remarks that Auburn fans have passed out thanks to last year's ridiculous fluke of an Auburn win at literally the last second of the game. [True stuff! I witnessed the travesty while celebrating my good friend's wedding from earlier that day!] There are videos and pictures of that mess all over the internet, feel free to search for it if you'd like, but I'm not going to post it here. [/shrug...hey, what can I say? I am a Bama fan, after all!]

Love My SEC!
What's in store for the Tide now?

Well...next week, Bama faces off versus Mizzou [The University of Missouri, for those not familiar
with college football] in the SEC championship game. I'll be honest, I'm still rather skeptical about Mizzou being in the running as an SEC team [SEC football is a whole different class of college football than any of the other conferences! Other conferences play football games, but SEC football is a way of life!], but some of Mizzou's stats from throughout the year make me think that this game may be more of a challenge than I'd like...

[To clarify my previous comment about SEC football...simply looking at nationwide football statistics for the last 5-10 years will show which conference has been dominating the college football world...SEC teams bring an intensity to the game that no conference can match, and we have the championships and records to prove it! With SEC football, you play it big to win, or you go home...]

/ponders....oh no!

Just remembered that my older cousin is hosting his annual Christmas party this coming up Saturday...he's an Auburn fan, so it probably doesn't matter to him that it's the same day as the SEC championship game.../sigh oh well....maybe they'll be at different times.


No comments:

Post a Comment