Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Autumn!

Today is one of my favorite days of the year...it's the first 'official' day of fall!! [Is it more proper to refer to the season as autumn rather than fall? Not really sure..I'll look it up later]


Bahahaha!

Weather reports say that the temperature is in the 50's this morning and I am overjoyed!

Unfortunately, the high for today is forecasted to be in the 80's...when the weather reaches the point of having high temperatures of about 72, I'll be one happy camper...if I didn't have family/employment ties in Alabama, I'd move to a much cooler climate in a heart beat.

I know it will be a few weeks before this lovely Alabama weather truly feels like autumn, I'm looking forward to the days of wearing jeans and a t-shirt without feeling like I'm burning up!

Other reasons why autumn is awesome:

- Football! There are a few things that we Southerners do a little differently than the rest of the country, football is certainly one of those things [RTR!]

Ken-O-Sha Park - Grand Rapids, MI


- Foliage! There are very few sites than can match the awe-inducing beauty of trees with leaves that have turned for autumn...unfortunately, Alabama is lacking severely in this department! This time of year is when I miss Grand Rapids the most. Alabama definitely has trees, as any allergy sufferer will tell you, but most of them are evergreen...

-Halloween! Alright, I think this one is pretty self-explanatory.
I mean, who doesn't love an occasion that calls for both costumes and candy?!?

-Thanksgiving! A holiday that centers around food...yes.

-TV Shows! A good portion of television shows come back for their new seasons in the fall...personally, my DVR is set to record at least a half-dozen season premieres.

Last Year's Pumpkins



-Pumpkins! Well, pumpkin carving to be specific. I absolutely adore carving pumpkins...I bought a professional pumpkin carving kit last year [I bought it way after Halloween...you know, when it was on sale!] and I can't wait to try it out! Last year, I was going through a My Little Pony phase, so I carved Derpy Hooves [Also affectionately known as "Derps"] and my kiddo carved Spider-Man. Well...I carved Spider-Man, but he did pick out the design.





-Pumpkin-flavored things! I know that it gets way overdone and by the time Christmas rolls around, everyone's tired of pumpkin-flavored everything. But until I've reached that point, I will gladly order pumpkin bread and pumpkin-flavored lattes!

I'm sure there a ton of other reason why autumn is awesome, this is just my short list...

How about you guys? Love autumn as much as I do?


No comments:

Post a Comment