Sunday, October 26, 2014

Making the Shift from Passive to Active...

Lovely colors!

My family went down to beach over the weekend.

As much as I loathe going to beaches, I must admit that they can be quite beautiful...this is the view from our balcony...look at those blues and greens!

Artistic appreciation aside, I came to some important realizations over the weekend.

I realized that I need to assert a more active role in improving my life...

I realized that over the past few months, I've been quite passive about a lot of things. I've been ridiculously passive about trying to find a new car, I've been passive about getting my life and home more organized, and I've been passive about becoming happy.


Now, I'll say that I'm undoubtedly in a better place than a few months ago. I'm no longer wallowing in angst, self-loathing, and cynicism...but I'm not really trying very hard to keep those negative energies from affecting my daily life either.

By being passive, some facets of life have gotten better...sort of.

A few significant emotional wounds have reached that point where they are no longer painfully exposed and raw, but if I'm being honest with myself...they haven't actually gotten much better. Yeah, I'd reached a point where I'm no longer in gut-wrenching emotional turmoil over certain events [the break-up/engagement calling-off/moving-out of my ex, the whole fiasco with Mr. T, and so forth...] but those situations have improved as much as they're going to without any action on my part.

So, it's time for me to get off my butt and kick it into gear...nothing in life worth having comes easily, right?? [Or so I've read on Pinterest anyway...]

First step's first...
Loved this moon!

I did some long needed purging on my phone. I finally deleted some text messages and emails that I've been hanging on to for far too long! I deleted some phone numbers and some pictures and, let me tell you, it felt darn great!

I have no idea how I thought I'd be able to move on from painful, poisonous stuff from my past if I couldn't even move on from having it at my fingertips. I have a tendency to be an emotional pack rat...which can be very detrimental to closing chapters and moving on in life.../shrug better late than never, I suppose.

What's in store for tomorrow?

Not quite sure...I haven't got this whole re-vamp thing figured out quite yet, but I'm going to! I'm going to make positive changes for myself because, well, I deserve it, damn it!


No comments:

Post a Comment