Monday, February 15, 2016

Reminders...

Because sometimes I'm more bull-headed than I ought to be, I found myself getting a much needed reminder today...

I was reminded that patience and tact are absolutely essential skills. Skills that most people, myself included, probably don't practice as much as they should...[I'm certainly going to work on this...]

I was also reminded that feelings are typically complex. Sometimes, there's more to what's going on than what appears at the surface...unfortunately, people are not mind readers. Unless you tell them, there's no way for the other person to know that you're truly sad rather than angry...so, rather than dance around the true issue...as embarrassing/painful as it may be, why not save all parties frustration and just tell them what's actually going on?

And...

If you happen to meet someone that puts up with you while you're acting irrationally and being angry [rather than admitting that you're hurt]...someone that can take a step back, put themselves in your shoes, and then try and make things right...keep them. Love them and let them know that you appreciate them...do not, under any circumstances, push them away...one day, you may finally succeed in pushing too hard...and that reality will be worse than you'll care to endure.


[Thank you, sweetheart...]

No comments:

Post a Comment