Monday, February 8, 2016

Monday, No Funday....

Hey guys!
Garfield had it right...

Hope you're having a good morning, despite it being a Monday...[every fiber of my being loathes Mondays.] There's just something about going back to work after a couple of days off that just...sucks. /sigh

Though, I must admit, I had quite an epic weekend ^_^

Why so epic?

Well...

Remember how I'd mentioned my awesomely amazing boyfriend?

Yay spa...
He recently surprised me with a spa day for Valentine's day! [It was a bit early, but that was fine with me! As if I'm going to complain about the timing of a spa day! Pffft!]

[Hehehe...look! It's me! I know I haven't included any pictures of myself for quite some time...but, yeah. That's me, now. Hooray.]

The boyfriend got me a gift certificate for an hour-long massage and a manicure [or maybe it was a mani/pedi...I'm not really sure of the specifics...but there's a reason for that....], buuuuuuuuut, I decided to turn his surprise for me into a surprise for him as well. /grin

After looking at the different services that the spa had to offer, I decided to use the gift certificate he'd given me as a credit towards a 'couples hot stone package.' I was super excited about the opportunity to go and get pampered, but I knew that I would enjoy it much, much more if he were able to get pampered, too.

Soooooo, we got hot stone massages and hot stone mani/pedis with chocolate covered strawberries and 'unlimited' champagne and mimosas. Sounds pretty incredible, doesn't it? [It was!]

After we finished up at the spa, the boyfriend and I headed out to Paramount...

The Boyfriend and Me!
Paramount is a vintage gaming bar/restaurant in downtown Birmingham...its a seriously cool place! [Check out their website here] They've got several 'vintage' arcade games, skee ball, and pinball machines...and their food is amazing!!

I definitely recommend that you check out Paramount if you're looking for a cool, laid-back place with a nerdy twist.

Well, as always, work beckons. Here's to surviving another Monday...


No comments:

Post a Comment