Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Age Appropriate Party Idea?

So, I have a brilliant/ridiculous idea!

This year, I'm turning the dreaded 30. [yeah, yeah...point and laugh or whatever...]

Now...my last birthday was pretty much a disaster [I'm still sad about that car]. I opted out of any sort of birthday celebration other than cake with the immediate family because, well, car wrecks kind of take all the fun out of things.

Seeing as I'm marking the beginning of another decade in my life, I feel as if I should, I don't know, do something fun?

I found this little cutie while browsing on Pinterest:
Squee!
Isn't it just adorable??! Let's ignore the fact that it's written up for a child's 1st birthday, shall we?

Let's face it...I'm not the 'going out for a drink' type, and I never will be. So, if I invite some friends and family over for food, cake, and completely avoiding the fact that I'm turning 30...who's to say I can't have 'Little Mermaid' themed cake and decorations!

[Though, when I mentioned this thought to my sister, her first comments were about addressing the invitations to a bar...and then saying that she draws a line at wearing a mermaid tail to said bar...soooooo, am I thinking too juvenile here?]

Thoughts? Feedback? Would anyone like to receive an invitation to said celebration?

4 comments:

  1. Harry potter is cool no matter how old you are. On another note I enjoy reading your blog and hope you decide to keep writing, keep up the good work. Have a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do love Harry Potter! I'll definitely add that to my list of possible themes, thank you for the suggestion! [Also, thank you very much for the positive words about my blog...they've made my morning ^_^] Wishing you a wonderful day as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're very welcome, from one fellow nerd to another its nice to see someone with a creative mind and a healthy appreciation for puns lol. You also have some good insights on a variety of topics, knowledge is the new sexy after all. I'm glad my autocorrect made me stumble upon your writings, and I thought it was a pity no one ever comments, I believe a person likes to know they, as well as their work are appreciated.

      Delete
    2. I, for one, am very grateful for your commenting! I'm also grateful for the accidental auto-correct discovery of my blog and learning that there are other pun lovers out there ^_^ Glad to hear that you've enjoyed my blog so far! I'm going to continue to post as often as possible...so, please, don't hesitate to leave comments or let me know if there are any particular topics you'd like to read about.
      -PS- Stay Awesome!

      Delete