Sunday, April 12, 2015

Season 5 is...Finally Here! [Game of Thrones]

It's finally here!!!

I've been waiting for season 5 of Game of Thrones pretty much since the day that season 4
ended...though I must admit, it's been so long that I've forgotten where the story left off..

Aaaand, I got really tired of paying about $25 extra on my cable bill for HBO [especially since I'd only subscribed so that I could watch GoT]...so I cancelled my subscription to HBO several months ago. Thankfully, AT&T is having a free HBO/MAX preview weekend and I don't have to miss the season 5 premiere! [Clever timing, HBO, clever timing indeed...]

Though, to be honest, I'm not sure if I'll be as big of a GoT fan as I had been with seasons in the past. To me, it felt like the show was kind of losing steam towards the last few episodes of season 4...I've gotten really bored with Jon Snow's story arc and with whatever is happening north of the wall. We still have no idea what's happened to Gendry [last we saw him, he was hightailing it out of Dragonstone in a row boat after admitting that he's never been in a rowboat before and doesn't know how to swim...and we don't see him at all in the 4th season!! What happened to Gendry?!??

I don't like Stannis Baratheon...the only good thing to come out of his story arc is Ser Davos. Did you catch the Monty Python reference in one of the scenes where he was learning to read? It was awesome!

I also don't like that it's taking Daenerys friggin forever to get to the other continent...forever. I expected some dragon-fire roasted goodness about a season and a half ago! Isn't at least one of the dragons big enough for her to ride on yet? She's quite the tiny thing, the dragon wouldn't even have to be fully grown yet! And what happened to her massive Dothraki army? Are they still there? After she acquired the army of Unsullied, we never see the Dothrakis. [Or maybe I just don't remember seeing them...]

Edited out the nipple because.../shudder
I am interested to see what happens to Sansa and the increasingly creepy Petyr...I'm hoping that one of them does away with Robin Arryn. That kid....just...ugh! He's a petulant, spoiled rotten brat who was still breastfeeding when he was almost 10 years old. He definitely needs to follow his mother through the moondoor.

I'm hoping that more interesting things end up happening with Arya's character...although she has gotten rather tough while running all over Westeros with The Hound, I'm not sure how she'll fare on her own...right now, I'm putting my bet on Sansa being the longest living Stark.

Well, now that I've started writing about it, I am rather excited to see this season's premiere! A post on my thoughts of the episode to come later, I'm sure...

**Update: I somehow managed to botch setting my DVR to record the new episode when it first aired...I went about putting the kiddo to bed and such anticipating to watch the newly recorded Westerosi goodness after the kiddo fell asleep, but noooooo...now I have to wait another hour to catch the next showing! Also, until I've seen the episode, I'm avoiding the internet like it's the plague! Stupid DVR. /grumblegrumblegrumble

No comments:

Post a Comment