Friday, March 20, 2015

KPop: Big Bang and f(x)

Re-discovered some of the KPop music that I'd started to fall in love with a few months ago...so, now I'm going to share some with you guys! [Disclaimer: I know that most of these songs are at least a couple years old...I'm a Kpop noob! I'll get around to listening to/posting about newer music soon!]

Fantastic Baby - Big Bang


Okay, I know that the music video has some elements that are quite out there...but the song is undeniably catchy.  

These five gentleman make up Big Bang, which is unofficially my favorite male KPop group! I read that they've been making music together since about 2006...which means that there's a lot of music for me to listen to!


Aaaaand, Big Bang has introduced me to my first ever celebrity crush on a Korean Man [hey, a girl can have daydreams, right?]...guys, I've got it bad for T.O.P.!

Which one is T.O.P? He's the guy that's wearing glasses in the black & white picture above...and he's the one in the music video that's made blue one of my new favorite hair colors...

See?! Definitely a handsome fellow...and from what I've read, he's good to his fans and is always very modest...

Thanks to my INFJ-esque habits of scrambling to find out everything I can about newly discovered likings, I learned a good bit about him in a very short amount of time... [T.O.P. - Read About Him!]

Early in his music career, he was told that he was too heavy for the label/producers that he wanted to work with...but he didn't let that deter him. Instead, he worked his butt off, lost the weight, and was was making music for that very label/producer within a year!

Knowing that, I couldn't help but tear up when I found this...I know that a lot of things on the internet are fabricated, but I really want this to be true! What a sweet thing to say to a person that clearly struggling with some self-esteem issues! Add in the fact that the kind words are coming from a celebrity, and it's that much more touching...or at least it is to me.../sigh I'm getting soft in my old age...


Next is 'Rum Pum Pum Pum'  by f(x)


Admittedly, I didn't read up very much about this girl group [I was too busy reading up on the Big Bang guys!], but I really, really liked this song.

I liked that this girl group seems to be fairly diverse...they're definitely not the Spice Girls, but they do get mental brownie points for the girls appearing to have distinctly different styles. The vast majority of KPop girl groups that I've seen are made up of girls that look like cloned copies of each other...but I digress...that's more to do with Korean beauty standards as a whole and less to do with any individual pop music group.

Unrealistic beauty standards aside, I bet you can guess which girl's look was my favorite...

Yep! Un-naturally bright red hair and green eyes!

KPop stars are the masters of colored contacts for brown eyes...I've already started checking into what brands and colors they're wearing...I'll probably post some pictures of myself with awesomely colored eyes soon!

And one more pic of T.O.P...because, why not!

No comments:

Post a Comment