Monday, February 9, 2015

Sunday/Monday...

Hey hey....

Hope you guys are having a good Sunday...I made the fatal mistake of going grocery shopping today.

Thankfully, I was not drop-kicked by a rogue banana...but the grocery store was definitely packed. I'm guessing that Sunday afternoon must be a popular time to go grocery shopping...which, of course, means that I will no longer willfully go grocery shopping on Sunday afternoons. If waiting until Monday afternoon or even Thursday evening means that I won't have to dodge crowds of people and painfully long check-out lines, then sign me up! [This ends the grocery store quasi-rant...]

Remember a few posts back when I mentioned that I'd be starting a bible study on the book of Daniel? [click here to see said post] Well...here's a plot twist...

I'm now facilitating the bible study! Crazy, right?

/sigh I made the mistake of completing too many of the workbook's lessons [we were supposed to complete just one...I completed five]...thanks to my overzealous appearance, I was asked if I would facilitate. I assumed that entailed leading the discussion for the next week's lesson...and I assumed wrong. Apparently, I'd agreed to lead all of the lessons. All of them. [Because that's exactly what I need...a big ol' bowl of commitment with a heaping pile of anxiety on the side!]

Yep. That's me.
Luckily, I grew up with all of the ladies that are in the class with me [about half of them are family...not exaggerating], so the anxiety isn't nearly as crippling as it could be...but it's still a violation of my 'talk as little as possible' approach to life.

[Small statement of disclosure here: it's now Monday morning...I fell asleep before finishing this post....]

Has anybody listened/watched/read the news this morning?

The world has gone absolutely bonkers! And, as much as it pains me to say it, the United States is right at the front of the 'let's all go to hell in a hand-basket' parade!

We've got a presidential administration that is blatantly incompetent...the 'President' and his cronies have seemingly gone out of their way to prove this time and time again. We've got a 'Secretary of State' that thinks that bringing a washed-up folk singer to an impromptu Kumbaya session is an appropriate show of support in the wake of a tragedy...and so, so much more!

/ponders

Yeah, no. I'm not going to continue on that rant...it would take a good day or two of just typing, and I probably still wouldn't have finished.

And, odds are, if you keep up with the news at all, you are probably already aware of all the shenanigans and reading my rant really isn't necessary.

Internal angst aside...

I watched the latest episodes of Arrow, and I've got a little bit of fangirl ranting that I plan on addressing in my next post...check back soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment