Friday, July 25, 2014

'F' is for Fridays, Feelings, and Fjords...

So, I've been struggling to resist the urge to turn this blog into an online (and public) diary. I apologize in advance for this entry, but I think that at least a tiny bit of venting is a necessary evil. Otherwise, I'll just sit an stew in this mental mess for...probably the rest of time.

To enhance your reading experience, I offer this video to play in the background; a soundtrack, if you will:

This is "Sadness and Sorrow" from the Nartuo soundtrack. Every time there is a ridiculously heart-wrenching back story, someone pouring their heart out, or a sad/melancholy moment in general, this song is playing in the background. I know I've been watching too much anime when my internal monologues share the same soundtrack as the show I'm watching! Also, I think the girl in the video is a pretty awesome violinist! She's got a whole mess of videos on her YouTube channel, I highly recommend checking her out.



(I learned that the pictures that I post in my entries get big enough to actually read if you click on them, so pardon the ridiculously small text here...promise it's readable! Click on it!) 
It's no secret that I've got the tendency to be a overwhelmingly sensitive person, especially when it comes to the select few people that I actually let "in" to my life. So if you realize that you're one of these people, please tread lightly...despite my tough-girl demeanor, I'm actually quite warm and fuzzy on the inside. (But that's not to be spread around, okay? I've got a reputation to maintain...)



I know I post a lot of MBTI stuff, especially INFJ things, but I really feel like this particular statements sums up a particular struggle of mine quite nicely. 

Generally speaking, treat people nicely. People are not disposable objects. 


This harkens back to the title of my blog. I think a big portion of my disappointments with people/things are because I expect too much. I need to continue to work on remembering that the majority of people I encounter are not and will not be "like me." The things that I find distressing/important/silly are not going to be the same for other people. I need to remind myself of this whenever I feel as if someone is being intentionally mean or thoughtless...maybe the problem isn't actually what I think the problem is...maybe, it's my thoughts about the 'problem.' (See? Incorporating the bit of advice from the wonderful Captain Jack Sparrow that was mentioned in a previous entry!)

*I pity the fool who thinks his real name is "Mr. T"
This one is unfortunately rather specific, and I sincerely apologize for feeling the need to post it here. I'm hoping that by getting it out here, I won't harbor negative feelings (which has been my less-than-ideal way of coping with painful situations. Bury it down deep enough and the nasty feelings will eventually go away, right?). If you read this, you probably know who I'm referring to. But if you don't, let's just call this person 'Mr. T.'* 


This is very, very true! I don't have as much of a handle on this concept as I liked to think that I do...working on it though, and I get better at it everyday. 









Screenshot of my results from the Buzzfeed quiz "How Dateable Are You Actually?"...
found it to be rather amusing and thought I'd share it here rather than on my Facebook page. (I leave the Facebook postings for superhero/gaming awesomeness...I'll post all the stuff about warm, squishy feelings here instead!)











Posting this just because science humor is the best!

















And finally, this puppy. Isn't he just the cutest thing ever?!?

Hope you all have the most fantastic of Fridays, thank you for enduring my feeling-bearing blog post. I promise to keep these to a minimum! 

No comments:

Post a Comment