Monday, October 12, 2015

INFJ vs INFP...Differences?

So, something unexpected happened this morning...

Being the curious sort that I am, I've found myself thinking a good bit about personality types lately [again].

- If you've visited my blog before, you probably have read at least one post where I reference being 'INFJ'...INFJ has consistently been my Meyers-Briggs personality type. And in typical INFJ fashion, I'm pretty proud of being able to say that I belong to the small percentage of people that make up the rarest personality type out of the 16 possible MBTI outcomes . 

I was browsing around on Pinterest this morning, as I do most mornings when I find myself waking too early...[some of my MBTI Pinterest finds...click them to make them large enough to read...]


Not really sure why, but I decided to re-take the MBTI assessment this morning and I had some interesting results...

HumanMetrics delivered the expected, reassuring results of INFJ...but, 16personalities threw me a bit of a curve ball...

According to 16personalities, I'm an INFP !!!

Seeing the different [and yet, very similar] results piqued my interest in learning what the differences between the two types are...which boils down to what exactly is the difference between J and P [judging/perceiving].

Well...what I thought would be a quick, 2-minute google searched answer actually ended up being much more complex!

Soooo, what I'm going to do is research it and then share my findings here when I feel like I've got a decent understanding of what makes an INFJ different from an INFP...findings could potentially span several posts, so check back soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment