Thursday, July 16, 2015

Are You Highly Sensitive?

Hi, there!

By now, you guys probably know that I'm a fan of most things psychological...including, but not limited to, personality types and theories. Right? Right! [Clickity here to see some of my posts on personality stuffs...]

Another personality facet that I've been giving some thought to, lately, is that of being 'sensitive.'

Now, this isn't necessarily referring to whether or not a person tends to exhibit socially acceptable behaviors [e.g., not laughing at a friend who has just witnessed their dog getting run over by a car, not telling the mother of a newborn that the child looks like a hellish troll spawn, or being the 'friend' that is always the first to remind someone that their haircut looks like crap.] Rather, in this case, sensitive refers to a person's thresholds for overwhelming stimuli and their responses to said stimuli.

Are You Highly Sensitive?

26 Signs You're A Highly Sensitive Person - BuzzFeed

Hilarious movie...
The above links lead to a questionnaire to help determine if you might be 'highly sensitive' and then to a BuzzFeed article on the same topic.

I selected 24 items from the questionnaire as pertaining to being at least somewhat true...which makes me think that there's a good chance that I'm correct in identifying as 'highly sensitive' [So, looks like I might be able to add HSP or 'highly sensitive person' to my list of researchable traits! Me
lika do tha research!]

If you're familiar with the MBTI type INFJ, what do you think about the pairing of INFJ and HSP?

2 comments:

  1. Unquestionably believe that which you stated. Your favorite justification seemed to be on the web the easiest thing to be aware of.
    I say to you, I definitely get annoyed while people think about worries that they plainly do
    not know about. You managed to hit the nail upon the top
    and also defined out the whole thing without having side effect , people can take
    a signal. Will likely be back to get more. Thanks

    My blog - Fillmore T Shirts

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My robo-moderator automatically marked this comment as spam...not sure if it is actually spam or not, but I 'un-spammed' it, just in case.

      Delete