Friday, December 5, 2014

Good Luck Chick...

I've decided that I'm the female version of 'Good Luck Chuck.'

Story of my life...sort of...
Any of you remember that movie?

It was a rom-com of sorts that came out back in 2007. The gist of the movie is that Chuck, played by Dane Cook, is good luck...more specifically, Chuck is good luck to whomever he dates. Turns out, Chuck is a bit of a ladies man and he goes through romantic conquests much faster than any 'gentleman' should. The slight twist? After Chuck dumps a girl, the next man she meets will be the love of her life. [Eh, there's a bit more...or less...to it though...IMDb reminded me that Chuck doesn't even have to date the girl, he just has to sleep with them. Classy, Chuck...classy.]

Anyway...

Yep, I'm a bit like this Chuck character. Well...aside from all the haphazard sleeping around, that is.

While sitting with my thoughts, as I tend to do far too often, I realized that the same sort of trend can be seen in my dating life...

If I date a guy, either a full-on 'Facebook official' relationship or lots of causal 'hang out' dates, shortly afterwards they get married! [In some cases, it was that they met the girl they'd get married to but the wedding wasn't until a year or two later...] What crazy, rotten luck, eh?

Though, I will say that I'm ecstatic to not be with a large portion of these men. [I feel like 'man child' would be a more accurate description for some of them...] As with most relationships that don't make the distance, there were insurmountable issues that lead to some of these relationships ending...and, all things considered, I don't regret making the decision to end these destructive relationships. But, I must admit, that there were a few relationships that soured due to my actions at the time...and it's those relationships that I sometimes find myself wishing that I'd handled differently. [Note: not all of the relationships I'm talking about were 'boyfriends'...some of them were friends are, unfortunately, no longer a part of my life...when it comes to 'relationships,' I think it's fair to consider friendships...a friend ship is still a relationship between two people, after all...]

Yep. A little bit strange, isn't it?

/sigh

I wonder if there's some sort of way to short-circuit the system...maybe become friends with myself?
/chuckle The last thing I need is to start talking to myself in public...it'll just give people one more reason to think I'm an odd duck...

Ideas? Tips?
Well played, Mortal Kombat Pizza,
well played....

Any guys looking to take advantage of my terrible luck? Look for me in Birmingham, shouldn't be hard to find me...I frequent the same half-a-dozen places regularly...I like movies, video games, and pizza. Provide any two of the three, and I'll consider making you a friend. But do be upfront about your intentions, okay?

No comments:

Post a Comment