Monday, May 25, 2015

It's Summer!!! Ummm...What Now?

Good Monday morning to you!

I hope you guys are having a wonderful Memorial Day weekend...as the proud daughter  of an incredible American soldier, I always support honoring our heroes. I know that I am truly blessed that my father came home from every single one of his missions and that there are far too many people that cannot say the same...my heart goes out to all of the families that have lost a service member and my respect and gratitude go to all veterans and active service members. Great sacrifice goes into everything that they've done and continue to do for our country. [Aaaaand, without them, there wouldn't be the holiday that many are going to enjoy...just saying /grin]

I hear that there are a lot of fun things to do today...lots of sales to shop and such. Guess who's not got the day off...yep! Me!
Happy...Monday.../faceplant

I've got a mountain of appraisal work to get through and a sick little one to boot. But, hey...complaining doesn't change anything, but coffee makes it more bearable! [That being said, if anyone would like to bring me some coffee, I'd be forever grateful...]

Some good news: the kiddo and I survived Kindergarten!! The school year wrapped up last week and his first official summer vacation has begun...and now I'm beginning to fully understand the despair that is the working parent's perspective on summer break.

How do parents handle it?!?

I'm less than 3 full working days into the summer and I'm already freaking out a little...how am I to balance keeping him safely occupied and entertained while working full-time hours+?!?

My usual 'go to' arsenal of babysitters [my parents] is woefully unavailable for the time being, and likely will be unavailable for the majority of the summer...we are unfortunately in the middle of quite a significant family crisis.

I feel like there's a delicate balance between leaving a child to entertain themselves and having the child feel neglected...it certainly doesn't help that my son's one of those kids that always wants someone to play with him, so he's asking for people to play with him after about 5 minutes of playing by himself.../sigh it's going to be a long summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment