Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Possible Costumes

Now that it's October, I've been spending some time thinking about Halloween...

Minecraft Zombies!!
My kiddo changes his mind about his costume just about every other day...right now it's between dressing up as Venom or as a Minecraft zombie. I have no idea how the sudden interest in Minecraft zombies came to be, but I don't really mind it. 

I haven't played much Minecraft, and when I did, it was the free version for the iPhone...so, yeah. I don't quite get the Minecraft hype, but maybe I'll get around to playing it one of these days.

Rainbow Dash
Last year, I dressed up as Rainbow Dash...
it was rather cute...I found a rainbow wig and then bought the costume set from Hot Topic [it came with a set of ears, wings, and a pin-on rainbow tail...]

The picture of the girl on the right is one of the pictures that I used as a source of ideas for my own rendition of the costume...but whereas her costume is really cool [there's another picture that shows the jacket more clearly...] my costume was rather hastily put together, and not as awesome. But, my kiddo loved it and we had a good time going trick-or-treating, so I still count it as a win!

This year, I was thinking about giving another cartoon character a shot. The kiddo and I watch a lot of cartoons..a lot. [I'd like to say that I watch cartoons because of my son...but I'd be watching them even if I didn't have a child, soooooo yeah...what? I like cartoons!] 

One of the newest shows that we've started watching regularly is Disney's Gravity Falls. In my opinions, it's not always suitable for young children [it can have some pretty spooky moments], but as long as an adult is supervising, it's alright. It's kind of like Scooby-Doo but with a paranormal atmosphere. I started watching the show with my son mostly out of concern that the show was too scary for him, but then I got sucked into it, too! As new paranormal elements are introduced and expanded on, I talk to him about what's going on in the show and make sure he understands that it is, in fact, make-believe. It seems to have worked, so far...there hasn't been any waking up with bad dreams of gnome monsters or skin stealing shapeshifters...

Anyway...

Dipper Pines
I'm considering dressing up as Dipper Pines from the show. I think it'll be pretty easy to do and I've already found a few good cosplay costumes to use as a guide. [Just in case you're wondering why I'd choose to dress as Dipper and not his twin sister Mabel, the reason is two-fold. 1) I just cut my hair short, so it would be easier to be Dipper. 2) Mabel wears a lot of sweaters...I'd burn up! October still isn't really cold here in Alabama...]

I've been trying to convince my kiddo that we should go dressed as Dipper and Mabel [if this were to happen, I'd of course let him be Dipper and I'd suck it up and be Mabel] but he's not really into the idea. Oddly enough, I got the exact same deadpan reaction when I presented the idea to my sister...

I'm debating on whether it would be better to make my own hat or to buy one of the ones that I've found on Etsy...and where can I find one of those vests??

/shrug it's still a month before Halloween...I'm sure I'll be able to put it together.

What do you guys think? Does Dipper seem like a good choice? 

1 comment:

  1. You can join the Minecraft server with the ip: minecraft.creativecraft.org


    Have Fun!

    Another important factor to remember is you will need to avoid plain black or white clothing colors, since they
    could cause lighting trouble. Whether online or offline,
    it is possible to still play minecraft without having problems.
    Eye makeup: Eyes should be really handled; good eye shadows will
    draw you in to the picture. A good demonstration of a really complex plugin is
    a which induces different classes and guilds from the game plus
    introduces a functioning economy which allows players to trade
    resources and items with each other. There you may pick
    from kings, super marios, creepers or whatever chara If you may be
    tired of creepers blowing up your sophisticated systems and even sneak up in your
    friends and wreck havoc on their heads, then just find some sugar and turn invisible.


    Feel free to surf to my site; most popular minecraft prison server

    ReplyDelete